Topics of the Conference and 9th Young Researchers School "Renewable Energy Sources" cover the following research areas:
- Current state and trends of developing renewable energy in Russia and in the world;
- Scientific and technical problems of renewable energy and new technologies in renewable energy;
- Economy and competitiveness of renewable energy: reality and prospects;
- Ecological and geographical aspects of renewable energy; environmental impacts: analysis of practices and problems of standardization;
- Regulatory aspects of renewable energy development (international experience and state of the legislative framework in Russia);
- Experience of Russian regions in realizing renewable energy projects;
- Education in the field of renewable energy.