We kindly invite you to take part the 2nd international scientific conference
«URBANIZATION AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN RUSSIA AND EUROPE»
which will be held on November 21-22, 2019
at the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia – RUDN University and the Institute of Geography, Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow, Russia).
The purpose of the international scientific conference is to discuss the interdependence of urbanization and regional development in Russia and countries of Western, Central and Eastern Europe. The emphasis will be made on the evaluation of key factors, main driving forces and trends of regional development and analysis of the social-economic transformation of urban areas in the European countries and Russia.
THE CONFERENCE WILL DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING ISSUES:
- Urbanization and regional development: interdependence and historical background;
- Urbanization trajectories and patterns in the early developed regions of Russia and European countries;
- Market forces, land use and economic policy in cities: experience of Russia and European countries;
- Cultural diversity and territorial identity in urban spaces of Europe and Russia;
- Migrants and new minorities in urban areas of Russia and European countries: between convergence and divergence;
- Smart cities in European and Russian regions: development, governance and planning;
- Trends of urbanization and regional development in the “Digital Age”: inventory and prospects for Europe and Russia.
Working languages of the conference: English and Russian
Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia – RUDN University, 117198, Miklukho-Maklaya Str., 6, Moscow, Russia (21 November 2019)
Institute of Geography, Russian Academy of Sciences, 119017, Staromonetny per., 29, Moscow, Russia (22 November 2019)